Saturday, February 27, 2010

Noticing

Noticing is very important in your internal gongfu practice.

Today during standing I noticed areas of tension in my shoulders and upper back. As I noticed it I started judging it as bad - thinking oh this is bad I have to get rid of that relax. I was trying to force it and it just got tighter, but when I noticed the tension without judging it. Thinking ah isn't that interesting that there's tension there in my back. It began to relax on it's own. In addition when I began to notice areas of my back that were relaxed and connected feeling a little fascial stretch then that feeling began to expand into more areas.

Isn't noticing sweet.

Noticing in this manner has been huge for me. I hope it is helpful to you in your internal gongfu practice. Feel free to drop any suggestions, questions, or comments on here. I'd love to get a discussion going.

1 comment:

  1. Yes noticing is as you say "sweet" and for some it's sour... LOL

    As I see it there are as Mr Rogers would say "Many Way"... And in this case many ways to notice.

    Mr Rogers sing the song "There are many ways to say I Love You"

    I believe that is pretty cool too! Now some people only notice what's wrong, or what they hate... Other only notice the end goal and miss all the wonderful parts inbetween...

    Remember there are many ways... Yes there are many ways to say I love you even to ones self and in ones practice.

    ReplyDelete